Monday, February 16, 2009

Pay It Forward


I'm not sure how many people have heard the phrase, "pay it forward" before, but for those who haven't, it means doing something out of the ordinary for someone else without expecting anything in return. The only thing you should do is continue on and do something special for someone else. For example, you're in the drive through at a fast food place and you tell the cashier that you want to pay for the person's meal who is behind you in line. That would be considered paying it forward.

Now that we've got that all worked out. I actually had this happen to me this past week. If you keep up on my blogs, you know that things have been kind of rough lately for me. On Saturday, I went out to get the mail and there was a piece of mail for me. I love getting mail as long as it's not a bill, so of course I was excited. I didn't recognize the return address, so I was a little worried as well. I tear it open and there is a small note along with a check for an undisclosed amount of money. I was floored to say the least. I then realized, I did know the name of return address. However, I had only met this wonderful woman once in my entire life and it wasn't under the best circumstances. The note pretty much said, she felt that this was something she needed to. How do you even respond to something that amazing? There are so many good people in this world, but sometimes I just forget to look. I get so wrapped up in my own little world and my problems, I don't think about other people. We should all look a little closer and we could someone who needs help. It could be someone you loathe, but if you do something special for them, it will make an impact. What this woman did was beyond amazing and I will definitely be passing the favor along to someone else in the near future. Paying it forward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment