The time has come for me to start back to work. This Saturday will be my first day back after 12 weeks off. I cannot believe how fast it went. Thankfully though, I will only be working on the weekends so it won't be too bad. I'm also excited that it will be first shift as well, so I will still be able to put Logan to bed every night. We've got a little routine going and the one time I had Vince do it, Logan was very upset. Daddy didn't give him a kiss goodnight and I always do. :) Vince also had this past week off work because CAT shut down half of their line and there wasn't enough for everyone to do, so he stayed home. It will be a little rough without a paycheck next week, but we'll manage.
School will also be starting back up this month too. I received a letter in the mail from ICC telling me that my financial aid was terminated because I've accumulated too many college credits over my college career. My teachers had told us this happens to students every so often. It's because I went to dental hygiene before I started in the physical therapy assistant program and that was quite a few credits. Anyway, my teacher had told us if this happens they can write an appeal letter for us, stating we are in a program and will finish in such a such time and won't be on financial aid forever. I emailed my teacher and she told me that the rules have changed and now when this happens, the only way they can write an appeal is if we have 12 hours or less credit hours to go. Well, I have more than 12 so there is a good chance I won't be able to use financial aid anymore. Which really sucks because now I have no idea how I'm going to pay for college. I hate money. It's so stressful! I'm going to call ICC tomorrow and see if there is anything I can do.
I finally got my potty training book for Logan and just started reading it. I can't wait to get through the whole thing and try to get him peeing and pooping on the potty. I sure hope it works. One thing it did say is that I need to get a doll that wets itself so he can demonstrate to me how one is supposed to sit on the potty to pee. We went to Wal-Mart yesterday and got the doll. Logan loves this thing and says it's his baby. Now I just have to finish the book and we can get started.
The girls are doing wonderful. On New Year's Eve they slept for 5 1/2 hours!! I couldn't believe it. Last night wasn't as good, but hopefully they will start sleeping longer during the night. Anna is still sleeping wonderfully on her tummy, but Aimee hates it. I was able to buy another cradle swing since both girls really seem to like it and usually sleep pretty well in it. Craigslist is an awesome place to find baby items for decent prices. That is where I have found almost everything used for the girls. Except their crib, I found that at a garage sale for $15. I love a deal. I am starting to tell a difference between their cries as well. Anna doesn't sound quite like a newborn anymore and has a shriller cry. Aimee is still my mellow baby. When I'm changing her diaper, she'll just look around and just be content. Anna still cries everytime I change her diaper. Both girls are also in 0-3 month clothes now as well. No cooing or smiling yet, but hopefully soon.
Logan has been a bit of a pain lately. He likes to shriek at the top of his lungs and this always wakes up the girls if they are in the same room as him. I tell him to be quiet because the girls are sleeping, but he continues to do it. Or he'll run onto the couch when I'm holding one of the girls and almost collides with them. I get after him about that too, but all he does is laugh. I've attempted to do time out, but he won't sit there and I have to hold him in his chair. I don't think that's what I'm supposed to be doing though. I want his to sit there on his own. Will he ever learn? I have also started spanking him. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Honestly, having the twins really isn't that difficult right now since they can't really go anywhere. My real issue is Logan. If it wasn't for him, things would be so much easier right now. I love him to death, but sometimes I just wish I could send him to grandma's for a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment