My last day working for the Pekin Times was Dec. 27 and I could not be happier to finally be done!! I've been working on the house with Vince while we've been off. He has the week off as well since CAT shut down for a week, so we get to spend one last week together before our little guy is born. I feel so lazy, since it's starting to get more difficult for me to move around. I'm not able to help Vince move anything since it feels like I'm really straining if I do lift anything. And now, it's getting hard for me to even bend over. I don't understand how a little baby, probably 6 pounds, can cause me so much trouble getting around.
I was able to go to public aid today and get a replacement medical card, since when we moved and forwarded our mail the medical card wasn't forwarded. I was starting to get a little nervous since my next doctor appointment is at the beginning of Jan. and I wanted to make sure I would be able to keep the appointment. As far as I know the baby is still breech. It still feels really tight under my right rib cage where his head is, so I'm pretty sure he hasn't moved. I read something online that said I need to put my hips above my head and this will help flip the baby upside down. Something about putting pillows underneath my hips and lifting them higher than my head. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking I better do it soon, since the bigger he gets the harder it will probably be for him to flip and as of tomorrow I will be 33 weeks.
My cousin came down from the Elgin area this past Sunday and brought me a ton of baby stuff. I'm so excited, but I have nowhere to put it all. She gave me a cradle that glides instead of rocks and I'm so happy. Vince and I were going to go out this week to buy a crib, but getting this saves us a money for now, until he gets too big for the cradle. I have a car seat, which I got from my aunt, but it doesn't have the little thing that's actually meant for a newborn. I don't know what it's called but it fits inside the car seat and holds the baby's head so it doesn't flop side to side. I could still use more baby stuff, but I don't want to be greedy. I just know babies can be expensive and I would rather have some of this stuff earlier than having to go out and buy it myself.
I'm a little nervous about our dog too. She has really bad allergies, we've been giving her fish oil for it, but she scratches and shakes her head so much. Right now, she sleeps in the room with us on her bed, but she wakes me up in the middle of the night scratching. She gets fur everywhere and I really don't know if I want her in the same room as the baby once he's born. I've tried pushing her put of the room and she cries until I let her back in, but I seriously don't trust her anyway. She's already pooped in the new house once and I don't trust her not to do it again if I push her out the door. So I'm kind of torn what to do about her. I don't want her getting fur all over the baby and waking him up with her scratching. Hopefully this fish oil works and I won't have to worry about it once the time comes. And we have selected a name for our little guy, we've decided on Logan Frederick. Can't wait to meet our little Logan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment