Our house is pretty much finished! We only have a couple more pieces of laminate to lay and the quarter round and then the main floor is done!! It's so nice to have a house that is usable. We would still like to tile the bathroom on the main floor, but it's not a necessity. The upstairs isn't really quit finished yet either. We are going to re mud Logan's room and then paint. We'll also be getting different carpet for his room as well. My parents are getting new carpet in three of their rooms and they will be giving me some of the old carpet. That's wonderful because the carpet we have in there now stinks like pee. Now that the lead workers are done we can go full swing into his room. We really are needing to move him into his own room as soon as possible. He wakes up about three or four times a night now and I grab him up right away so he doesn't wake up Vince. If he's in his own room I can let him fuss for a bit to try and get himself fall back asleep.
We had our family reunion this past weekend and it went really well. It was hot and sticky, but Logan did good for the most part. I brought food for the first time. Normally I just let my mom bring everything, but I wanted to really be a part of it. I made a dessert with sponge cake, fruit and white chocolate and I also made lil' pigs in a blanket. Glad I used three packages of lil' smokies cause there were 76 people at the reunion so most of everything got ate up. My mom walked around with Logan most of the day and he was able to meet all his cousins. Everyone thinks he looks like Vince, but everyone on Vince's side thinks he looks like me so we really have no idea at this point.
I'm still on the hunt for a job. Things are starting to get really desperate at this point. We have property taxes due in October and they are going to be almost $2000. Vince barely makes enough each month to pay bills so coming up with this amount of money in two months would be a miracle. I was hoping I'd have a job by this time so we could have saved some money up to pay for these things, but alas, I still don't. The real problem is, if you don't pay taxes someone could pay them off and in essence, own our house. I do not want to lose my house over property taxes. We just finished a huge project on the house. Plus I don't know what we would do if that happened. I don't plan on moving, especially with Logan at such a young age. I just really, truly need a job....now!
No comments:
Post a Comment