It's been a while since I've blogged, things have been pretty busy. Logan is getting his first teeth. He actually got them while he was four months old, kinda early I know. He was still too young to hold onto the teething ring so I was giving him tylenol. When the next teeth come in I think I'm going to try teething tablets. He's been grouchy so they may already be coming in....fun, fun. We are finally getting new windows. This is the only good thing that has come out of us living in the city. Our house is loaded with lead which can be very dangerous to a growing baby. So they replaced all the windows and are putting aluminum wrap around all the wood outside. It almost looks like a new house, I'm so excited!!! Now, we just need a new roof.
Vince and I were planning on moving out of this house in four years because there is no chance that I would ever let Logan go to Peoria schools. But now I'm thinking I really just want to move out now. The kids in the neighborhood have a total disregard for other people's property. A few evenings ago we were in the back yard grilling up some pork chops. I can see our front porch from the back yard. These three black kids come around our house and try jumping onto the newly painted porch by grabbing onto the wood and pulling themselves up and over. I was about to yell at them but then one of the turns around and sees me staring at him and he stops. Then they run around the other side of our house and who knows what they were doing then. I can't see that side from the back. I really don't want Logan growing up with kids like that. The parents obviously never taught their kids anything about respect. They just do whatever they please, like shooting off fireworks at 1 in the morning. Ugh!! I hate this city and it's inhabitants so much!!!! Speaking of the city, I have been trying to get a hold of my case worker for the past week now. I accidentally threw away a paper that I needed to redetermine my Medicaid benefits and I need to know what I should do because I can't loose these benefits, especially for Logan. She won't call me back which means I will have to go down to public aid and talk to them face to face. I know there are a lot of people in Peoria County that are on public aid, but come on a week and she still won't return my calls!! I hate to say this, but I think it's true; in Peoria they favor the blacks over whites, plus my case worker is also black which doesn't help me in the least. I'm only using the government's help for now while I'm struggling. I don't plan on being a burden to society for the rest of my life. I don't live on welfare, I plan on going back to school and making something of myself. I just wish my life would turn around faster than I want it to. I just takes time.
No comments:
Post a Comment